ACK! My old blog, “Feathers and Folly”, was hacked! I started receiving notices from Google that my overall site had been hacked, but I had no idea what the issue was. I brought up all my web pages, and they looked normal. It wasn’t until I went onto a Google Forum and asked for help that someone pointed out the problem.
When you looked at my old pages, they seemed fine, just how I wanted them to look. But some searches involving my site on Google including some pretty awful stuff, links that would redirect you from my site to other, pretty nefarious sites.
I’m looking at this as an opportunity to start fresh! Given that I didn’t update my old blog very often, I’m starting anew. I deleted all “Feathers and Folly” material and this will be the new companion blog to South Dakota Birds and Birding. With a fresh start, I hope to post more often, including the following:
- Recent birding trips and photos
- Photo stories, describing the experience of getting a specific photo
- “In the News”, news stories involving birds and birding
- Conservation issues, involving news or related material about conservation of habitats and the creatures that live in them.
- Science/Research, highlighting new research in ornithology and related topics.
Check back soon and I hope to keep the NEW South Dakota Birds Blog updated frequently!!