Way to go, SCOTUS!!!
Way to go, John Roberts!! With the immigration ruling, and with the decision today to uphold ALL parts of the health care law…you may have just turned around the reputation of this Supreme Court as a right-wing, activist court. It will be very hard now for wacko liberal bloggers like myself to doubt Robert’s objectivity now. A shocking turn of events. Obama has been floundering, there’s no doubt. I never would have thought it would be the Supreme Court that would have given him a big boost.
It will be interesting to see how this affects the election. Romney this week came out and said Obama’s first term was “wasted” if the health care law were struck down. I’m sure the Romney camp EXPECTED it to be overturned, but now I bet they regret coming out with that statement. Since the entire law was upheld, Romney’s statement now looks like an endorsement that Obama’s first term HASN’T been a waste, that real, meaningful legislation has been passed.
In shock. And (way) more than a bit emotional, when I think of my son, and what this ruling potentially means to someone like him, a young kid with juvenile diabetes.
Let the whining begin from the right!! The news is hot off the presses, and we ALREADY having whining, and the typical conservative LIES about the bill. As a reminder to all you wackos who insist on lying about Obamacare and its effects (From CNN and other sources):
- The law is intended to end the United States’ status as the only rich country with large numbers of uninsured people, by expanding both the private market and Medicaid
- Health insurance for between 12.5 million and 24 million more Americans than if the mandate was struck down
- The nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office estimated that the law could reduce deficits modestly in the first 10 years and then much more significantly in the second decade
- Insured Americans may be avoiding a spike in premiums that could have resulted if the high court had tossed out the individual mandate but left other requirements on insurers in place.
- Millions of young adults up to age 26 who have gained health insurance due to the law will be able to keep it.
- Since the law remains in place, the requirement that insurers cover people with pre-existing medical conditions remains active
- The massive health care law requires doctors to report goodies they get from medical supply companies; demands more breastfeeding rooms; requires all chain restaurants to list calories under every menu item, and includes numerous other provisions, which now remain in place.
Horrible! Reduced deficits! MILLIONS more Americans covered by insurance! No turning down the sick for insurance because of their preexisting conditions!!
Tell me again, conservative wackos…why is Obamacare the end of the world in your eyes???!!?